Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Need for Inspiration


I have been feeling uninspired. It's a hard thing for me to admit. I think the best thing for me to do is go back and find a poem I had written, but haven't previously published. This poem isn't dated, but I believe I wrote it about 1995.


Radiant Dawn


What kind of dawn is this

to loom before the day, so bold?

Pink colors lure me from my bed

to greet the earth and sky, transcendent

A growing, living glow burst from blueness

becomes a scarlet ribbon on heaven's throat

A swirling comet motionless in space

A crevasse of fire in the sky.


Living dawn so wondrous and magical

that life returns to earth and heart

A day beginning as a smoky, golden tendril

orange and peach as no fruit ever is.


Most will miss it, but those who view

know all is well, that there is hope

a private dawn under the sun.

Where nothing is ever new

something is - this radiant dawn

that makes this day, mine.


-SLG

No comments:

Post a Comment