Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yokohama Restaurant

I had the pleasure of eating lunch at this wonderful Japanese restaurant on January 26. The place was nearly empty, but the peace and quiet was lovely and the staff was attentive. I was brought a pot of green tea and ice water without asking. Their tea is warm and fragrant and we've all heard the health benefits of green tea.

From the lunch menu I ordered tuna avocado don, which I would only recommend for raw sushi lovers, since the tuna is raw. It's such a better deal and bigger meal than individual pieces of tuna sushi, since it's basically a bowl of sticky white rice topped with slices of the above and seaweed. Paul and I both really enjoy this dish, and it comes with a lovely ginger salad and soup. We prefer Yokohama's ginger salad to Asakusa's, which also doesn't carry this don menu item. Love Asakusa also though - I'll review it a dfferent day.

The service was excellent. Hang in there Yokohama. The rest of you - please stop it with the cells phones at the table! Have a heart and rise and walk somewhere if you must take the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment