Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Carpet cleaning day




Technical difficulties from my mobile device. So back on the old Dell with the 'tower', here's the word:






I really like Stanley Steemer carpet cleaners. My carpets looks so clean when the guys have been here. It's really a big event: when the most heavily trafficked areas finally get too grimy for me to look at, I call and schedule, once a year or so. I prefer hardwood floors, and have them, but I also have a busy area that is covered with carpet.






Picking up and moving things ahead of time makes the areas easier to see - nothing is hidden. So I end up moving nearly every chair and every object I can get out of the room. Then I vacuum. It's like prepping well for painting - it pays off.





I've heard people who have chem-dry type services, without the steam cleaning, complain about 'it not looking as good' when cleaned that way. I've also tried purchasing home appliances, and renting the big machines myself from grocery and hardware stores, but nothing looks as good as when S. S. has been there. The local office is located at 202 Research Drive in Fort Wayne.





I like the company's spray spot remover, that one uses ones self. Applied properly, it does an amazing job.



I also think their protection treatment, sprayed on after the professional cleaning, holds up well.





Metal and wood furniture is placed on foam blocks or plastic strips to protect from water damage. Meant to be left under the furniture until the carpet dries, I sometimes forget it's there and it stays for months. Ah yes, clean carpet. One can lie down, do yoga, not worry about gross stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment