Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Dog Poem


This poem shouts out at me, every time I read it. I found it in a book called "Just Dogs." I find it somewhat unbelievable that the author is listed as 'Anonymous'.




Play House




Oh! Happy Boy; you have not lost your years


You lived them through and through in those brief days


When you stood facing Death! The are not lost!


They rushed together as the waters rush


From many sources! You had all in One!


Why should we mourn

your happiness? You burned clear flame, while he


Who treads the endless march of dusty years


Grows blind and choked with dust before he dies.


And dying, gives back to the primal dust


And has not lived so 'long' in those long years

As you in your few, vibrant, golden months,

When, like spendthrift, you gave all you were.


-Anon.


I've got your back. Talk to you soon. -Tailwind


No comments:

Post a Comment